across the world
Few Tips for QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation
Reconciling your bank account is among the most important business activities. This task has to be performed regularly every month. The main objective of performing these tasks is to ensure the integrity of the financial reports and avoiding any misrepresentation of information. QuickBooks accounting services are widely used for this purpose. New users could find some difficulties in performing QuickBooks accounting for small businesses.
Below mentioned are some tips which can help in avoiding the difficulties you might face while using Quickbooks Bank Reconciliation:
1. Find out discrepancies – In QuickBooks support services, there is a discrepancies button for identifying the edited or deleted transactions. This option must be used during the reconciliation process.
2. Check the beginning balance – In case of any discrepancy, the undo last reconciliation button should be clicked. This helps in determining the beginning balance; any discrepancies can be identified and corrected.
3. Don’t forget interest and fees – QuickBooks offers the option of recording interest and fees which should not be missed. The debit cash, credit interest income, credit cash, and debit bank charges must be carefully recorded.
4. Ending balance must be properly checked – It is a vital step in ensuring the accuracy of the various statements.
5. Find out transpositions – By dividing the difference between the statements in the accounts by 9, you can find out the transpositions. These transpositions can be corrected easily by using the available options.
6. Enter missing transactions – By choosing a command from the menu missing transactions can be added without closing the reconciliation window.
7. Locate undeposited funds – By selecting the banking option you can make deposits wherever required.
8. Hide unnecessary transactions – By using the hide transactions option’ some of the unnecessary transactions can be hidden to place greater emphasis on important transactions.
9. Remove old transactions – The old transactions which have become void now must be removed by using edit and then void command.
10. Use online banking – The option of using online statements is available in QuickBooks. This helps in posting new transactions quickly.
11. Use the keyboard – Instead of using the keyword, the mouse should be used while using QuickBooks. This will help in easing the process.
12. Reconcile Frequently – In order to make the process simpler try to do reconciliation of accounts once every week or fortnight.
Do you think you lack the time and expertise for performing bank reconciliation perfectly using QuickBooks? If yes, you need not worry as the highly dedicated team of Cogneesol is there to support you.
With over 14 years of experience, we have served clients across various industries with our accounting services. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 646-688-2821.
How can Accountant help a Restaurant with Financial Success?Read More
Beat Accounts Receivable Challenges through OutsourcingRead More
Why CPAs Need Tax Preparation Services During Tax Season?Read More
How can you Leverage the Benefits of Outsourcing Accounts Payable for Businesses?Read More
Virtual Bookkeeping: Everything You Need to Know [Infographic]Read More
A Comprehensive Guide to Setting Realistic Revenue Goals for CPA FirmsRead More
Thought-leadership articles, blogs, case studies on how to optimize operations, makes processes efficient, reduce costs, be future-ready – Stay abreast with our newsletter.
Enter your email address below.
and Terms of Service apply.