Managed Document Review Services
Document review constitutes the most crucial aspect of the eDiscovery process in a law firm or in a law department. It also tends to be the biggest component in cost of litigation since it is time-consuming and labor intensive. In their bid to reduce litigation costs, law firms and law departments have been on the lookout for sustainable document review services that are thorough, complete and swift, and which do not take a huge chunk of the budget.
Cogneesol’s full-suite managed document review services addresses the above criteria through a technically-proven workflow (includes the Privilege Log in Microsoft Excel or on a tool prepared as per the client’s requirements), delivering business value to clients. We review documents related to arbitration of civil matters, intellectual property law i.e.; patent, trademark litigations, internal investigations (Subpeona), Law of Tort , disputes and investigations etc., and our expertise in Relativity, Ringtail, Everlaw, Disco, and similarly other tools.
Our Managed Document Review Services
- Objective Coding: Making documents easier to find and study with simple indexes and search keywords. Objective Coding is a process of collecting or recording data from documents, such as date, author, recipient, type of documents, title, source, attachments, person's connection, exhibit number, Unitisation, etc.
- Responsive Analysis: Determining the responsive status of documents for legal hearings
- Confidentiality Review: Determining if documents are protected by confidentiality agreements
- Privilege Analysis: Identifying privilege documents as per the protocol or case matter provided by the client, and preparing privilege logs (Client's specific).
- PII & PHI: Performing Redactions including privilege redactions, PII (Personal Identifiable Information) redactions, PHI (Personal Health Information) redactions as per the client's requirement or as per HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability) Act.
- Due Diligence: Collating case information, defining case scope, and identifying and preserving related documents
- Internal Investigations: Collecting, analyzing, reviewing and formatting to filter out relevant information.
- Incident Response: Review documents to Identify PII, PHI, and Trade Secrets / Intellectual Property according to client guidelines and utilize extracted data to create a Notification List. Specialize in handling matters related to FERPA (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
Our Key Differentiators
Our team comprises of highly experienced and trained legal practitioners who hold expertise in managing and staffing document review projects.
Our document review management includes litigation support services, mergers and acquisitions, government investigations, and antitrust issues.
We distinguish ourselves through our top-quality work product, our 100% emphasis on document review, and our reputation for complete transparency.
When it comes to selecting top-notch legal experts for document reviewing, we combine best practices for recruiting along with the exclusive technology.
Our team is available round-the-clock for your support to get rid of your every doubt related to our document review or any of our legal outsourcing services.
Our clients comprise of Fortune 500 legal departments, whose main challenge is carrying out a cost-efficient review without having to sacrifice the work quality.
Quality of delivery is the cornerstone of all our engagements. Our legal document review workflow includes quality checks and controls thereby ensuring completeness and accuracy.
Committed Efficiencies and Productivity
Cogneesol assists clients in reviewing and revising their workflows in order to do away with redundant sub-processes. This results in significant process efficiencies, productivity and cost reduction.
Flexible Pricing Models
Considering enormous cost pressures to law firms and law departments, Cogneesol offers flexible pricing models in order to fit in all ranges of budgets.
Our Areas of Legal Expertise
Corporate Legal Departments
Our Document Review Workflow
We apply a process-driven approach in all our legal document review services to heighten the productivity and efficacy of document review, including recruiting technology, training, consecrated review facilities, and established project management practices.
It is always a pleasure to learn that the work we do has positively impacted our clients and that they are happy to share their experiences.
Today, we rely on Cogneesol for handling most aspects of our law firm’s back-office operations. It had started with the basic yet crucial document review tasks. Their excellent service delivery simply led to widening the scope of work and now, we also depend on them for contract abstraction, drafting, and management. Not only do they deliver quality service, they are also reasonably priced helping us stay cost efficient.
Cogneesol’s legal experts are the backbone of my firm here in New Orleans -- from document review to most of our backend legal functions. A bunch that are experts at our laws and regulations, they are also extremely approachable for sundry research and assignments that keep arising from time to time in our line of work. Most importantly, they provide us seamless, timely service all the time.
Cogneesol has been handling our document review and management, contract drafting and management services for the last two years, and we have been extremely satisfied with their comprehensive and immaculate service delivery. They are meticulous and leave nothing to chance. Further, the flexibility of their rate cards allows us the freedom to approach them with all requests of backend support.
Cogneesol’s legal team has been instrumental in re-shaping our law department’s document review process. Being a pharmaceutical organization, our document requirements are heavy. Cogneesol streamlined the processes by creating clear workflows for deciding the responsiveness, confidentiality and privilege status of the documents as per the Privacy Act of our country. These have fastened our litigation processes, and have also given us more time to build cases with better arguments.
Our internal legal department relies completely on the team at Cogneesol for our organization’s document review process. Through the last seven years, they have helped transform our review processes making them accurate, quick and easy-to-handle. The best part of our relationship has been their charges – when we had started off, they had offered us a flexible rate cared. This ensured we could afford their services, and not feel the pinch of high-cost partners.
We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients through our customized legal process management solutions that will make processes agile and cost-efficient. Have specific questions, or want a guided tour of our services? Get in touch with us!