A US-based law firm specializing in personal injury, wrongful death, insurance claim disputes, contract and business litigation, class action, and consumer litigation.
Scope of Work
Complete support on legal research and formal and informal research memorandums using qualified research engines.
The client approached Cogneesol for its high loss rate due to weak legal points and lack of relevant case law documentation. They sought from us specific case law research and case research based on facts.
Cogneesol’s Optimization Solution
With a mandate for quality research, we deployed our top legal experts for the client. Our optimization solution for the scope of work is multi-pronged:
- Use of Technical Tools and Platforms: Including LexisNexis and Westlaw databases for suitable cases, statutes, and stipulations; Casetext, Court Listener, Justia and relevant legal resources such as legal encyclopedia to sift through data; Shepardization and key Cite of cases for research into recent cases and favorable judgments
- Regular Additional Training: For updates on laws and amendments to strengthen our teams’ analytical abilities and detail-oriented methodology
- Standardization of Research Notes: To make it structured across a huge volume of cases where a decision is overturned, reaffirmed, questioned, or cited by later cases and making it convenient for client attorneys to substantiate arguments in their pleadings
We get quality support with research tasks from Cogneesol all the time. It has taken away a lot of our case preparation stress and has also given us the much-needed time to draw up our case arguments.
A US-based law firm benefitted from quality research from Cogneesol that freed up their valuable attorney manhours, increasing productivity & profitability.
Cogneesol’s structured approach to research and notes has benefitted the client with clear and specific information on respective cases. The team:
- Has already submitted research and quality arguments on 1000s of cases
- Have been instrumental in a number of client wins
It is always a pleasure to learn that the work we do has positively impacted our clients and that they are happy to share their experiences.
Thank you, researchers, for your extensive research and inputs for the BC Court of Appeal case. I am happy to confirm that the firm could present a strong appeal thanks to the thorough drafted factum. Your strong understanding of the law and the related regulations give us confidence for stronger representation in the future. You make us a formidable team. Thank you!
Cogneesol provided us with proficient legal experts to provide paralegal services for all our open cases. We realized they are also trained on legal amendments on a regular basis so that their knowledge stays up-to-date. We have been getting timely services from them with in depth analysis and closures. Extremely satisfied with their services! Wish them well!
Today, we rely on Cogneesol for handling most aspects of our law firm’s back-office operations. It had started with the basic yet crucial document review tasks. Their excellent service delivery simply led to widening the scope of work and now, we also depend on them for contract abstraction, drafting, and management. Not only do they deliver quality service, they are also reasonably priced helping us stay cost efficient.
Through the last three years of our association with Cogneesol, we have come to depend on their drafting support completely. They are experts of various laws and regulations; their drafts are accurate and complete; do not require undue review efforts. They make it easier and faster for us to build our cases.
We are a law firm based out of Washington DC. With increasing case load, we wanted to work with a dedicated team of paralegals to handle our backend legal work. Came to know of Cogneesol from an attorneys’ network. Their level of professionalism for their very first assignment won us over completely. They are now on our retainer rolls. We reach out to them for all our big cases.