A Canada-based attorney specializing in consumer complaints relating to HVAC systems at households, representing consumers in HVAC door-to-door predatory sales contracts, and providing notary public services.
Scope of Work
Complete support on the drafting of complaints.
Owing to the precise nature of the complaints, the attorney faced time constraints and a huge backlog of drafting and claims filings. He required assistance on concise and error-free complaint drafts.
Cogneesol’s Optimization Solution
Cogneesol’s legal experts assigned to the client’s scope of work conducted thorough due diligence and lay down the following process changes:
- Created company-specific templates taking them as defendants
- Complaint drafted on the basis of summation provided by the client
- Draft complaint reviewed twice at Cogneesol to ensure accuracy and completeness before being sent for client approval
- Upon receipt of client approval, the complaint is filed online at Ontario small claims portal, and a submission summary dispatched to the client
The team that handles my firm’s drafting requirements is adept at related laws and their applicability. Besides, their organized approach to my cases has optimized my processes, bringing in high productivity and cost savings.
Cogneesol helps the law firm achieve $4,500,000 in consolidated damages and a 50% rise in productivity.
Having thus standardized the drafting process, Cogneesol has been able to clear a backlog of approximately 1000 claims in a month. Additionally, with our continuous improvements and accurate drafting, we:
- Enabled the awarding of $10,000 by the Divisional Court of Appeals to the consumer in punitive damages against the HVAC funder
- Achieved the awarding of $4,500,000 in consolidated damages in the year 2020
- Raised productivity by 50%
- Reduction in turnaround time resulted in a reduction of staff and administrative costs
- Owing to streamline processes, Cogneesol enabled the client to handle more cases, thereby growing his clientele
It is always a pleasure to learn that the work we do has positively impacted our clients and that they are happy to share their experiences.
My office is completely dependent on Cogneesol’s litigation support services. The team that services us has been steady over the years, are completely aware of our Acts and laws, stay updated on all amendments and latest updates. So, when we send out assignments to the team, it doesn’t require too many rounds of explanations or iterations. They are an extremely bankable bunch!
Be it for our motions or our pleadings, case after case, Cogneesol has exhibited an unerring commitment to service excellence, quality, thoroughness and timeliness. They literally function like our own in-house team! Such is the comfort level now. Their deep expertise give us the confidence to delegate to them all our litigation support assignments. Add to this their reasonable rates! We strongly recommend Cogneesol!
Through the last three years of our association with Cogneesol, we have come to depend on their drafting support completely. They are experts of various laws and regulations; their drafts are accurate and complete; do not require undue review efforts. They make it easier and faster for us to build our cases.
Thank you, researchers, for your extensive research and inputs for the BC Court of Appeal case. I am happy to confirm that the firm could present a strong appeal thanks to the thorough drafted factum. Your strong understanding of the law and the related regulations give us confidence for stronger representation in the future. You make us a formidable team. Thank you!
Today, we rely on Cogneesol for handling most aspects of our law firm’s back-office operations. It had started with the basic yet crucial document review tasks. Their excellent service delivery simply led to widening the scope of work and now, we also depend on them for contract abstraction, drafting, and management. Not only do they deliver quality service, they are also reasonably priced helping us stay cost efficient.