across the world
Difference between QuickBooks 2017 and 2018
Quickbooks has become vital accounting software in every business. Which version you are using in 2017 or 2018? Are you aware of the features in both the version? If not, then read this article.
QuickBooks is the name, which flashes through our minds whenever we think of small-mid sized business accounting. QuickBooks consists of almost every feature for all our small-mid sized business accounting requirements. QuickBooks accounting services help us to look after all the complex accounting tasks of small businesses and keep a record of all our the daily, weekly and monthly transactions.
As we all know that, our business requirements keep changing according to the market vacillations. So, updated software with fine features is the need of every business to maintain the accuracy and efficiency of the tasks.
Below we are going to discuss some of the features of QuickBooks 2017 and 2018.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2017
All these features are available in the USA and Canada.
1. It is a locally installed program through the internet is required in few cases: such as payroll.
2. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, windows server 2003, 2011 and 2012.
3. It is more suitable for the small-mid-sized businesses though it has some features which are unnecessary for small business use.
4. Capable of accrual and cash-based accounting.
5. Initially, one can find it a bit confusing but within a short span of time, one can master it.
6. Sends automated reports via email as per schedules.
QuickBooks desktop 2017 is offering a 30-day free trial version. Initially QuickBooks Pro was available for $299.95 but now is available on discounted price $219.95.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2018
The features which we are going to discuss below are available in all the versions of QuickBooks 2018 in the USA, Canada, and the UK.
1. We can work on more than one monitor and the maximum limit of monitors is three.
2. One can search for a particular account from the chart of accounts; it will be helpful if one is working with multiple accounts.
3. If you keep switching between accrual and cash then this new feature is added to make this process easy.
4. If you mistakenly send past-due invoices to your customers then it will notify you that it’s a past due.
5. This new feature is to copy and paste lines between transactions.
6. Now we can make changes in inventory reports. For example: change in filters and add columns.
Intuit has not revealed the price list yet. Features of QuickBooks Online 2017. These features are available in the USA and some other countries where have released.
1. No need to download or install.
2. It works with almost all internet browsers all you need is an internet access. It is not compatible with Linux.
3. It is suitable for all types of businesses. It has some refined accounting features useful for small to big businesses.
4. It does both accrual and cash-based accounting.
5. It’s easy to use, even a person who is not from finance and accounting background can easily understand it. Though there are some features which are complicated.
6. One can stay signed in even after making an exit and you need not enter your credentials again and several windows open at the same time doesn’t affect the efficiency of the desktop app.
QuickBooks Online also offers 30 days free trial just like QuickBooks desktop. It has three different pricing plans after the completion of the trial period. – A starter plan of $15 per month, and an essential plan of $ 30 per month.
Features of QuickBooks Online plus QBO 9 USERS 2018
Intuit has launched the new version of QuickBooks Online and below we are going to discuss some of its new features.
1. You can have a check on your income and expenditure at the same place.
2. You can make and send invoices directly from QuickBooks.
3. You can keep in touch with your business wherever you are as it is accessible from anywhere and from any device.
4. It is offering free upgrades.
5. QuickBooks Online is easy to use as it downloads all of your transactions automatically. So, the chances of errors are rare.
Intuits has not revealed the price list yet.
Above, we have discussed QuickBooks desktop as well as online 2017 and 2018 features and we can say that all the older versions have lived up to intuits expectations. Intuit keeps updating QuickBooks as per the industry’s requirements. They have made the accounting tasks of small-mid size businesses much easier and cost-effective.
But sometimes it’s tough for the people with the non-accounting background to set up the software and choose the right version for their business. So if you are confused, which accounting software to choose or facing difficulty in setting up the software then you don’t need to worry anymore.
Recommended Post: Tips to Optimally use Quickbooks Accounting Software
We, at Cogneesol, are here to assist you in every possible manner. We are an ISO certified firm providing software accounting services from past 9 years. For more information, or to start your free trial contact us at +1-646-688-2821 or write to email@example.com
Virtual Bookkeeping: Everything You Need to Know [Infographic]Read More
Practical Ways for Lawyers to Be More Productive [Infographic]Read More
A Comprehensive Guide to Setting Realistic Revenue Goals for CPA FirmsRead More
Role of BPO in the Insurance Industry: Experts OpinionRead More
Boosting the Accounting Function: A Guide for Restaurant OwnersRead More
Top Tax Planning Strategies to Follow in 2022Read More
Thought-leadership articles, blogs, case studies on how to optimize operations, makes processes efficient, reduce costs, be future-ready – Stay abreast with our newsletter.
Enter your email address below.
and Terms of Service apply.